How to stop your teen from using their cell phone while driving?
What is Cellslip
No one needs to be reminded of the deadly statistics of distracted driving, especially as it pertains to teen drivers. However let’s review some of them again from Distracted Driving Accidents:
- 1 out of 4 car accidents in the US are caused by texting while driving.
- Texting and driving is 6 times more likely to get you in an accident than drunk driving. That’s right, it is actually safer for someone to get wasted and get behind the wheel than to text and do it.
- It takes an average of three seconds after a driver’s mind is taken off the road for any road accident to occur. This is the bare minimum amount of time it takes, and it is surprisingly small. Three seconds is the time it takes to turn your ignition when starting your car.
- Every day, 11 teenagers die because they were texting while driving.
- 94% of teenagers understand the consequences of texting and driving, but 35% of them admitted that they do it anyway.
- Of all the teenagers ever involved in fatal accidents every year, 21% were using a cell phone at the time of the accident.
- Teen drivers have a 400% higher chance of being in a car crash when texting while driving than adults.
- 25% of teens respond to at least one text while driving, every single time.
- 10% of adults and 20% of teenagers have admitted that they have entire conversations over text message platforms while driving.
- 52% of these talk on the phone while driving, and 32% text on the road.
- When teens text while they drive, they veer off lane 10% of their total drive time.
Finally there is a perfect gift that can save lives, including your teenager’s life. Cellslip is an easy to use pocket that they can insert their phone into before they start driving. It blocks all incoming calls and text messages so they can concentrate on the road. When you remove the phone from the pocket, all your messages are received! They won’t miss a thing! No FOMO! (Fear of missing out).
It’s bright red to remind you of the dangers of distracted driving.
They have partnered with AAA, so this insures they are a quality product for you and your family’s safety.
This is a perfect holiday gift, not only for your teenager or young adult in your life, but for that hard to buy for person. Have a holiday office party? Give them a Cellslip!
Order your’s today – check out family pack!
Read: 5 Benefits of Therapeutic Boarding Schools.
Read: Success in Therapeutic Boarding Schools.
Read: Why Residential Treatment Works When Home Therapy Fails.
Contact us today for a free consultation for your teen and the right therapeutic boarding school.