How do you know when you need to find places to send troubled teens — specifically when it comes to your own teen? The stakes are much higher in locating the right program to fit their needs.
Many parents are extremely concerned today about their teens. We are witnessing higher rates of depression, stress, anxiety, self-harm and sadly — suicide ideation among our young people. If you’re one of these parents, you are certainly not alone.
- Addicted to their cell-phone, social media
- Oppositional Defiance (ODD)
- Authority issues, disrespectful (especially towards parents)
- Anger control problems (rage, explosive)
- Low self-esteem
- Poor decision-making skills
- Thinking errors – blaming, rationalizing, avoid taking responsibility, entitlement.
- Negative peer choices
- Trauma, PTSD
- ADHD, Conduct Disorder, Bipolar
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Stealing or shoplifting (stealing – usually from parents)
- Sneaking out, runaway
- Self-harm, suicide ideation
- Meeting people offline from the internet
- Underachieving in school, skipping classes, school avoidance
- Withdrawing from family and favorite activities
- Substance use, drinking, vaping
- Family conflict
Have you tried these things to help:
- School counselors, therapists
- Switching schools
- Short-term in-patient or outpatient
- Taking away technology, removing cell-phones
- Lectures, pleading
- Mentors, teen coaches
- Living with relatives
Residential treatment can be extremely beneficial where local resources have failed. Removing your teen from the influences of negative peer groups or sometimes even family conflict can help them reflect more on what is creating their negative behavior.
These programs (therapeutic boarding schools/residential treatment centers) continue with your teen’s education, have therapists to work on your daughter’s emotional wellbeing to help her develop coping and communication skills as well as building motivation and setting goals for her (now) bright future.
Contact us today for a free consultation to help you find the right therapeutic boarding school for your teen.