Teenage anger and defiance have become a growing concern for parents today. Teen aggression and rage is a typical result. Sports therapy can help your troubled teen with anger and stress management.
Studies reveal and strengthen the age-old belief that mental health and physical health are linked in more than one way. Improving physical condition or regular exercise might have the key in managing emotions, particularly anger.
With many teenagers constantly connected to their devices (cellphone addiction, gaming or video addiction), the thought of not being online causes teen anxiety, depression, even anger and rage. When parents attempt to remove their phone, some teens will self-destructive or destroy home property.
Sports therapy and especially boxing can help teens overcome rage, build self-confidence and other well-being benefits from this type of outlet.
How Sports Therapy Can Help Troubled Teens
Although sports therapy shouldn’t replace talk therapy, in many cases a teenager is resistant to traditional therapy. Finding an outlet for them to express their feelings of anger, rage or other issues they are struggling with — without hurting people or family members, can be beneficial for them emotionally.
They include a range of workouts that increase heart rates and better oxygen supply to the whole body. They rely on this technique to use the oxygen to produce energy, and are performed for several minutes or more in general. The increased heart rate caused by these exercises also exercises the pulmonary system which effectively reduces the blood pressure and anxiety also.
Some of the most favored cardio exercises are:
· Gyms: Encourage your teen to join a gym and possibly train with a certified trainer. These trainers will help your teen with a meticulously charted training regime, that will not only look after their all-round growth, but they will also help them stay fit and healthy. The exercise routine will also channelize their anger into a healthy and fit lifestyle.
· Cycling: This is another great method to stay fit. Cycling also allows viewing the scenic beauty and enjoying the road. The time while cycling also helps them to be on their own and gather their thoughts. One of the best exercise and workout that can be handy in many ways. This can help them decompress and relax while enjoying their ride.
· Swimming: This is one of the best cardio exercises which help teens to have fun and have a very healthy and fit body. Swimming is also fun as many teens tend to love water. Water also soothes nerves and help cool down tempers.
· Walking: Brisk walking can be fun. Walking at a brisk in the park or along nature trails will help teens enjoy nature and a sweating exercise that might smooth nerves and understand a lot more about life. This is a good exercise both for the whole body, and lets the teens to be with their thoughts and ponder over them.
· Jogging: Also a good cardio exercise. This exercise also allows teens to enjoy the outdoors and ponder over their thoughts. The liberty to choose different routes can add to the diversity and change of view. All these can greatly help in managing stress and anger in teens.
Exercise has been known to reduce stress and anger among all. They also help release the excess energy that might be the cause of restlessness. Exercise also allows the release of hormones needed for better and happy living. Most importantly teens need to be outdoors and having physical exercise instead of having a sedentary lifestyle to keep fit and have anger in control. They also need to socialize and active physically.